November 2006| Vol. 4 No. 4
COVER PACKAGE: Tastes of New Orleans
At APA’s 2006 Annual Convention, students helped a city rebuild
- Amer honored for work with Arab, Muslim communities
- Anything but conventional
Students at APA’s 2006 Annual Convention did more than just attend presentations and network. They contributed to the rebirth of New Orleans.
- Discussing race in class is essential, say faculty
- Early-career researchers accept ethnic-minority dissertation prize
- Ethics prize winner urges programs to remedy impairment
- Finding the right internship fit
Training directors offered advice on how to choose and apply to ideal internships.
- Gifts and reminder e-mails boost online survey response rates, students find
- Make practicum count
Practicum is about growing as a therapist and prepping for internship. Here’s how to maximize the experience.
- Psychology pioneer shares words of wisdom
- Questions of balance
An APA survey finds a lack of attention to self-care among training programs.
- Rethinking rejection
Students collected tips on revising journal manuscripts.
- Session gives suggestions for smooth supervisory sailing