January 2007| Vol. 5 No. 1
COVER PACKAGE: Land an academic job
New professor Latoya Conner did. Learn how you can too.
- Ace the academic interview
Faculty interviewers often evaluate intangibles during interviews.
- APA-backed program primes students for the professoriate
- Applying for academic jobs
- Job talk basics
What you need to do to give a stellar talk, and how to get it done.
- Off the tenure track
Here’s what to consider before taking contingent work.
- Sell your research in writing
- The community college alternative
- The expansion of contingent faculty
- The new academic job market
A reordering of the academic world has shifted opportunities for psychologists.
- Tips for a successful job talk