Psychology Help Center
Summer camp anxiety
Tips to help parents manage their own summer camp-related worries.
Prepare Now for a Disaster
With the start of hurricane season, now is a good time to think of how you can successfully prepare for hurricanes as well as other natural disasters. It's human nature to think the odds are in our favor that disasters won't strike us. The reality is that at some point we all face some type of emergency for which a little advanced planning can be enormously helpful. Disasters may be out of our control, but each of us has ultimate control over our preparations and responses. The American Red Cross recommends that people “get a kit, make a plan, stay informed.” FEMA's "Are You Ready?” guide is a comprehensive source on individual, family and community preparedness. Being prepared can provide a sense of control and confidence about your ability to manage the unexpected.
Hurricanes and tornados
- Tips to strengthen your emotional well-being before the arrival of a hurricane
- Tornadoes, hurricanes and children
- Managing traumatic stress: After a tornado
- Managing traumatic stress: After the hurricanes
- Strengthening your emotional well-being ahead of the flood
- Manage flood-related distress by building resilience