Community College Teacher
Psychology teachers at community colleges are invited to join APA as community college teacher affiliates.
As a community college teacher affiliate, you will join your colleagues participating in Psychology Teachers in Community Colleges (PT@CC).
PT@CC is a group of members and affiliates of the American Psychological Association established in 2001. Its elected executive committee represents the interests of community college psychology teachers.
Psychology teachers at two-year institutions are eligible to become APA community college teacher affiliates.
As a community college teacher affiliate you are automatically enrolled in PT@CC, which represents your interests, promotes the highest professional standards for the teaching of psychology and provides leadership opportunities and a unified voice for community college psychology teachers.
Applications may be submitted at any time. If your application is approved between Jan. 1 and Aug. 31, your membership will be predated to Jan. 1 of the same year and your paid journal subscriptions will be backordered to the first of the year. Your subscriptions to the Monitor on Psychology and the American Psychologist will begin on the date of acceptance and continue through the year, with no back issues sent.
Community college teacher affiliates who join APA between Sept. 1 and Dec. 31 will enjoy membership through the next calendar year. Your subscriptions to the Monitor on Psychology and the American Psychologist will begin with the next available issue, with no back issues sent.
All journal subscriptions are for one calendar year only. As an APA community college teacher affiliate, you may order back-issues from previous years of any APA journal at member rates.
Affiliate status is effective Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. You will receive an invoice each year when it is time to renew your subscriptions and your membership.
For more information on teacher eligibility, contact the Membership Department.
APA Membership Department
750 First Street NE
Washington, DC 20002-4242
(800) 374-2721 (U.S. & Canada toll free)
(202) 336-5580 (in D.C.)
(202) 336-5568 (fax)
- Special low APA Annual Convention registration rates.
- Opportunity for membership in APA divisions.
- Receive The American Psychologist — APA's flagship journal.
- APA Monitor on Psychology — APA's monthly magazine.
- Mobile apps for APA Monitor on Psychology, gradPSYCH and other APA publications.
- Discounts on APA books and videos.
- High-quality information and teaching resources.
- Free online access to paid subscriptions' full-text files.
- Psychology Teacher Network , a quarterly newsletter for psychology teachers featuring articles about scholarly and innovative practices, teaching activities, and news of workshops and conferences.
- The Educator , a semi-annual newsletter with news from APA and the Education Directorate.
- PT@CC Electronic Update.
- Teaching resources awards.
- Student presentation contest.
- Excellence in psychology award certificates.
- Leadership and networking opportunities.
- Support for the discipline of psychology.
- Representation in Congress, state legislatures, and in major social and educational institutions.
- Programs that educate the public and the media on the benefits of psychology.
- And much more!
- Member Discounts Program — savings for members.
Brought to you by the APAPO, offers all APA members and affiliates discounts on brand-name products and services including car rental discounts from Avis, Budget, Alamo, National and Hertz; financial services from Bank of America; payment processing by Elavon; hotel and vacation discounts from Wyndham Hotels and Endless Vacation Rentals; shipping from UPS; computers, printers and technology from Hewlett-Packard; office supplies and furniture from Office Depot; flowers and gifts from 1-800-Flowers; the magazine subscription program; and Web design and hosting.
2015 Affiliate Dues
$50 — Community college teacher
If you would like more information on any of the dues categories please contact the APA Membership Department .