APA's Board of Directors has named 11 scientists and clinicians to serve on the panel that will draft guidelines for the treatment of depressive disorders. This is the first development panel to be established within APA's treatment guidelines development initiative (for more, see "Treatment guidelines now under way," in the December Monitor.)
The members of the panel, which will play the lead role in drafting the guidelines for treatment of depression, are:
- John McQuaid, PhD (chair) University of California, San Francisco
- Jacques Barber, PhD, Adelphi University
- Alfiee Breland-Noble, PhD, Georgetown University
- Pim Cuijpers, PhD, VU University Amsterdam
- Leslie Samuel Greenberg, PhD, York University
- Elizabeth Lin, MD, MPH, University of Washington
- Laura Mufson, PhD, Columbia University
- Arthur Nezu, PhD, Drexel University
- Charles F. Reynolds III, MD, University of Pittsburgh
- Rhonda Robinson-Beale, MD, United Behavioral Health
- Forrest Scogin, PhD, University of Alabama
Background information about each member can be found online.
In addition, calls for nominations have been issued for the panels that will develop treatment guidelines for obesity and for post-traumatic stress disorder. The deadline for submitting nominations is June 18.
For more details on the treatment guidelines process, go to Clinical Treatment. You can also send your questions to the treatment guidelines mailbox.
Letters to the Editor
- Send us a letter