In light of recent scientific literature on gun violence, 2013 APA President Donald Bersoff, PhD, JD, created a task force to develop an APA policy statement on the prediction and prevention of gun violence in September. The resolution is set to be presented to APA's Council of Representatives this month. If accepted, it will replace APA's 1994 policy on firearm safety. The task force's members are:
- Chair: Robert T. Kinscherff, PhD, JD, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology.
- Joel A. Dvoskin, PhD, University of Arizona Medical School.
- Gary D. Gottfredson, PhD, University of Maryland.
- W. Rodney Hammond, PhD, ABMP, University of Georgia.
- Eric S. Mankowski, PhD, Portland State University.
- Susan B. Sorenson, PhD, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jacquelyn W. White, PhD, University of North Carolina at Greensboro (emerita).
Letters to the Editor
- Send us a letter