9th Annual SIOP Leading Edge Consortium
October 18-19, 2013
Building Future Leaders: Innovations and Trends in Talent Management
In today's competitive environment the organizations that thrive all have one thing in common — exceptional talent in their top leadership. Do you have talent management programs in place to identify and develop top performers to lead your organization into the future?
The Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology's 9th annual Leading Edge Consortium, "Building Future Leaders: Innovations and Trends in Talent Management," is designed to provide key strategies and best practices that HR managers and business leaders can use in their own organizations. The event will take place Oct. 18-19 at the Omni Richmond Hotel in Richmond, Va. Attendees will hear from a select list of experts who will relate the best talent management practices for identifying, developing and retaining leaders.
Construct a thriving organization
Not all organizations would give their leadership and retention strategies high marks. The 2013 SIOP Leading Edge Consortium is your opportunity to change that. We have reviewed the feedback from previous events and have revamped the program for this year to provide you the information you need to develop your top talent. Planned topics include:
- The Business Case for Leadership and Talent Development
- Leadership Development: A CHRO View
- Innovations in Assessment
- Leadership Development: Formal Development
- Leadership Development: Learning from Job Experience
- Leadership Development: Learning through Others (Coaching, mentoring, etc.)
- Building Talent Mindset
- Leadership at the Top of the Organization
- Big Data: Leadership applications, how it will shape leadership development and talent management in the next decade.
- Leadership 2020
Hear from the best
The Leading Edge Consortium is your chance to explore the best talent management practices for identifying, developing and retaining leaders in a practitioner-focused 1 1/2-day event. The consortium brings together highly regarded practitioners, researchers and HR executives to examine issues in an intimate setting that fosters stimulating dialogue among colleagues. You'll hear from top experts in the industry, including:
- Mike Benson, director, leadership development, Johnson & Johnson
- Sarah Strupeck Brock, director of assessment and development, Johnson & Johnson
- James Cameron, VP, global talent development, Walmart
- Allan Church, VP, organization and management development, PepsiCo
- Vicki L. Flaherty, cloud computing enterprise learning deader, IBM Talent
- Mark Kizilos, president, Experience-Based Development Associates
- Elizabeth Kolmstetter, chief human capital officer, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Moheet Nagrath, leadership strategist at Leadership Architecture Worldwide; former chief human resources officer, Proctor & Gamble
- David Peterson, director, learning and development, Google
- Robert J. Thomas, managing director, Accenture Institute for High Performance
- Anna Marie Valerio, president, Executive Leadership Strategies
- Brian Welle, people analytics manager, Google
- Jack Wiley, founder and president, Kenexa High Performance Institute
Each presentation takes place in general session, a setting conducive to interaction with presenters and networking with leaders in the I-O field. Continuing education credits are also available for this event.
The consortium includes lunch on Friday and Saturday, breaks, and receptions on Thursday and Friday evening. Registration is $425 on or before Aug. 29. After the early registration deadline the cost is $495, so register early to save!
"Building Future Leaders: Innovations and Trends in Talent Management" will provide you an opportunity to learn and network with peers and colleagues. You will leave with new insights, ideas and inspiration for the future. Enhance your professional portfolio through this refocused event. This is a not-to-miss experience!