- Experts Available to Discuss Psychology of Police-Community Relations and Community Healing in Wake of Ferguson Grand Jury Decision
Psychologists Available to Discuss Mental Health of Immigrants
As plans for immigration reform unfold, experts can offer insight on psychological implications
Teens Prescribed Anti-Anxiety or Sleep Medications More Likely to Abuse Those Drugs Illegally, Research Finds
Substance abuse assessments needed before drugs are prescribed, researchers say.
- APA Enters Into E-book Distribution Agreement With ebrary®
- Statement of APA Board of Directors: Outside Counsel to Conduct Independent Review of Risen Allegation
Hospital Workers Wash Hands Less Frequently Toward End of Shift, Study Finds
Research could have implications for other industries, researchers say
New Airport Security Screening Method More Than 20 Times as Successful at Detecting Deception, Research Finds
Conversations more effective than observing physical behavior, study finds
Stress in America Survey Information
Health Care System Falls Short on Stress Management
APA survey finds inadequate attention given to behavioral health needs of younger Americans, people with chronic illness
Public Affairs Office, Monday-Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., please call (202) 336-5700.
Journalists on deadline after business hours, please contact
Lisa Bowen at (202) 200-8207.
Task Force Reports and Policy Statements
- Policy Related to Psychologists' Work in National Security Settings and Reaffirmation of the APA Position Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- Psychology of Immigration 101
- Psychology as a Core Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Discipline