APA Center for Organizational Excellence Press Room
The American Psychological Association's Center for Organizational Excellence works to enhance the functioning of individuals, groups, organizations and communities through the application of psychology to a broad range of workplace issues.
The center houses APA's Psychologically Healthy Workplace Program (PHWP), a public education initiative designed to engage the employer community, raise public awareness about the value psychology brings to the workplace and promote programs and policies that enhance employee well-being and organizational performance.
The PHWP includes APA's Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards, support of local programs currently implemented by 56 state, provincial and territorial psychological associations, and a variety of resources for employers and the psychologists who work with them.
For more information, visit the APA Center for Organizational Excellence website.
APA Work-Related Communication Technology Survey
Sept. 4, 2013
- Americans Stay Connected to Work on Weekends, Vacation and Even When Out Sick
- Communication Technology: Implications for Work and Well-Being Report (PDF, 884KB)
APA Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
March 6, 2013
- Four Organizations Receive APA's Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award
- 2013 Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards magazine (PDF, 2,468KB)
- Psychologically Healthy Workplaces Have Lower Turnover, Less Stress and Higher Satisfaction — Graph PDF (984KB), GIF (32KB) or JPG (148KB)
- Psychologically Healthy Workplaces Support Employee Growth and Development, Work-Life Balance and Wellness — Graph PDF (1,519KB), GIF (42KB) or JPG (148KB)
APA Work and Well-Being Survey
March 5, 2013
Sophie Bethune - (202) 336-6134
Angel Brownawell - (202) 336-5955