- Response to George Will’s Column about Same-Sex Marriage
Donald N. Bersoff, PhD, JD, writes letter to the editor pointing out inaccurate and misleading assertions in Washington Post column
- APA on Children Raised by Gay and Lesbian Parents
How do these children fare?
- Stress is no laughing matter
Letter to the editor in response to the Washington Post coverage of the release of the “Stress in America” survey on too much stress.
- APA Issues Clarification on Psychology Employment Data
APA responds to an NPR report about psychology employment and clarifies the data source, the number of psychology degree types, and the popularity of psychology as a major.
- Cynthia Belar Response Letter to the New York Times
Letter to the editor in response to the New York Times magazine's article "Intern Gap Frustrates Clinicians in Training."
- Dr. Melba Vasquez Letter on the DSM-5 Revision Process (PDF, 168KB)
- APA Response to Time Magazine Online Q&A With Alan Kazdin
APA President Melba J.T. Vasquez, PhD, authors a letter to the editor in response to Time magazine's article "Q&A: Yale Psychologist Calls for the End of Individual Psychotherapy"
- APA Response to New York Times on Psychiatry and Drug Therapy
APA CEO Norman Anderson, PhD, authors a letter to the editor in response to the article "Talk Doesn't Pay, So Psychiatry Turns Instead to Drug Therapy."
- Nordal Response to Newsweek on Quality in Psychotherapy
Katherine C. Nordal, PhD responds to Newsweek's Sharon Begley regarding evidence-based practices.
- In Defense of Psychologists
Letter to the editor in response to a commentary in the Washington Post by Baker, et al. titled "Is your therapist a little behind the times?"
- APA Response to Stephen Soldz in the Boston Globe
Letter to the editor in response to the Op-ed, "Ending the psychological mind games on detainees," (The Boston Globe, August 10, 2008), by Stephen Soldz.
- APA Actions to Implement the Council Resolutions Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
The American Psychological Association (APA) has undertaken several actions over the past year to implement the APA Council of Representatives resolutions against torture and other cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment.
- APA Response to Drs. Pope and Gutheil
Letter to the editor in response to the essay, "The American Psychological Association & Detainee Interrogations: Unanswered Questions," (Psychiatric Times, Vol. 25, No. 8), by Kenneth S. Pope, PhD, and Thomas G. Gutheil, MD.
- APA Response to the China Earthquake and Myanmar Cyclone
APA is committed to encouraging efforts to provide the best resources and information to assist in the recovery efforts taking place in both countries.
- Letter from Rhea Farberman to Mother Jones
Letter to the editor in response to the article, "The Enablers," (Mother Jones, March 1, 2008).
- APA Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest (BAPPI) Statement Regarding 60 Minutes Segment "The Death of Timothy Souders"
- APA Responds to “Washington Monthly” Article (PDF, 16KB)