In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
The 2009 conference will address the changing nature of work and the implications for workers around the world.
In This Issue
- BAPPI Convention Highlights
Learn more about the activities of APA's Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest.
- Behavioral and Social Science Volunteer (BSSV) Program
APA's Office on AIDS directs this national program to provide technical assistance on HIV prevention.
- Working Group Report on Child Maltreatment Prevention in Community Health Centers
This APA report recommends strategies for preventing maltreatment and promoting positive parenting practices.
Executive Director's Column
From the Public Interest Government Relation Office
- September 2009 Policy Update
APA made significant progress on its health-care reform priorities and other issues in September.
Other Related Articles and Information
- Insufficient Evidence Exists to Support the Use of Psychological Interventions to Change Sexual Orientation
- What Psychologists Should Know about Working with Older Adults
- Psychology Education and Training From Culture-Specific and Multiracial Perspectives
- The Changing Role of the Modern Father
- Enhancing Your Interactions With People With Disabilities