In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Public Interest Executive Director, Gwendolyn P. Keita, PhD is now on Twitter
- $150,000 grant awarded to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Concerns Office
- APA’s Human Rights webpage is now live
- Joint Task Force to Develop Guidelines for Psychological Practice with Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Clients
- August 2011 Policy Update
APA’s Public Interest Government Relations Office and the Public Policy Advocacy Network have supported the Employment Nondiscrimination Act and protected funding for the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- The ACT Parent Program Facilitator manual to be released
The manual serves as a guide for those conducting the ACT parent program classes. It is organized in eight sessions of 1.5 or 2 hours each, and includes detailed instructions for activities, PowerPoint presentations, worksheets, and homework assignments.