In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
Dr. Karen F. Wyche, Chair of APA’s Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest, reflects on what drew her in to public interest psychology
In This Issue
- Recovery to Practice Update
- APA and the Montana Psychological Association files Amicus Brief in Donaldson and Guggenheim v. Montana
- Women's Programs Office News
- Spotlight on Disability Newsletter
The APA Office on Disability Issues in Psychology's newsletter features disability advocacy and research performed internationally and also within APA.
- Office on Aging Newsletter
A publication of the Office on Aging that reports on APA efforts to promote the application of psychological research to improve the health and well-being of older adults.
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday is January 16, 2012
- Opportunities for psychologists, resources & more
- January 2012 Policy Update
APA’s Public Interest Government Relations Office (PI-GRO) worked on issues related to HIV/AIDS, child abuse, the mental health of military service members and veterans, and the Minority Fellowship Program. PI-GRO also released its inaugural annual report.