Opportunities for psychologists, resources & more
- Suinn Minority Achievement Award Call for Nominations (PDF, 125KB)
- Henry Tomes Awards for the Advancement of Ethnic Minority Psychology
- Call for Nominations: APA Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs (PDF, 27KB)
- Jeffrey S. Tanaka Memorial Dissertation Award in Psychology
- Call for Applications to the 2012 LIWP
- Committee on Women in Psychology (CWP) Leadership Awards
- SPSSI 9th Biennial Convention 2012 Call for Proposals
Highlights in LGBT International Psychology News
September, 2011, updated its Principle of Universality, ICSU Statue 5. One change was to expressly oppose discrimination based on factors including gender identity and sexual orientation. Statue 5 is also now referenced in the ICSU statement on the Universality of Science. APA advocated for the language update.
Statement of the Psychological Association of the Philippines on non-discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. APA provided technical support for this effort.
Highlights of APA Member Contributions to LGBT literature
High School Gay-Straight Alliances (GSAs) and Young Adult Well-Being: An Examination of GSA Presence, Participation, and Perceived Effectiveness; Applied Developmental Science, November 2011
Gender Variant Children and Transgender Adolescents, a special issue of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America; October 2011, Volume 20, Issue 4.