In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
From the Executive Director
News & Events
- APA’s BSSV Program presents at 2012 National Health Promotion Summit
The topic of the presentation was “Integrating Mental Health, Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention and Care"
- International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia (IDAHO)
A day to promote tolerance, respect and freedom regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Recovery to Practice (RTP) Team members meet at SAMHSA
Members of the Recovery to Practice project team attended the RTP Cross-Disciplinary Meeting
- Reasonable Accommodations Explained
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the tasks, environment, or to the way things are usually done that enable individuals with disabilities to have an equal opportunity to participate in an academic program or a job.
- APA is a supporter of National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day
Awareness Day efforts encourage the enhancement of resilience in young children and provides information for the public on the warning signs of traumatic stress
- Resources and opportunities for psychologists
Learn about the CEMA Tanaka and the CEMRRAT Suinn Awards, ProDIGS announcement and the SPSSI Teaching Award.
May Policy Update
- APA member speaks at conference on community support for veterans
Abigail Gerwitz, PhD, highlighted key challenges facing military families at the Conference on Engaging Community Support for Veterans
- Psychology VA leaders meet with APA staff, Congress
AVAPL and APA staff discussed pressing needs of VA psychologists with key congressional offices