In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
Maria Dolores Cimini, PhD, co-chair of APA’s Women with Disabilities in STEM Education Project, was recognized for her work to promote access to STEM disciplines
News & Events
- National Health Disparities Steering Committee holds its first meeting in Washington, D.C.
The steering committee includes APA members who have expertise in health disparities and in stress, obesity and substance abuse
- Effective Providers Program invited to the Department of Justice (DOJ)
Julia da Silva, director of APA's Violence Prevention Office, presented about child victims of violence
- Suited for change making a difference in women's lives
PI’s own Ivana Willis, currently administrative assistant in the directorate, has become a "face of success"
- Resources and opportunities for psychologists
Learn about the CEMA Tanaka and the CEMRRAT Suinn Awards, ProDIGS announcement and the SPSSI Teaching Award.
June Policy Update
- APA hosts congressional briefing on findings of APA Presidential Task Force on Immigration
APA past-president Melba Vasquez, PhD, ABPP, and other task force members spoke at the briefing and met with congressional offices