In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
News & Events
- APA press release — HIV prevention measures must include behavioral strategies to work: Truvada alone not sufficient
APA urged the inclusion of behavior in all HIV prevention and treatment
- National Plan to Address Alzheimer’s Disease
The first ever National Plan is responsive to many of the concerns APA raised in its comments
- Resources and opportunities for psychologists
Learn about the CEMA Tanaka and the CEMRRAT Suinn Awards, ProDIGS announcement and the SPSSI Teaching Award.
July Policy Update
- APA Advances Data Collection on Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation in Electronic Health Records
Comments on the Electronic Health Records Incentive Program argued for collecting such data to address health disparities among sexual minority populations.
- APA Supports Pay Equality for Women
Efforts continue on this critical issue, despite a setback in the U.S. Senate.
- PI-GRO Presents at the Second Biennial Division 45 Conference
A joint presentation with OEMA and CEMA to a session at the Division 45 conference about ethnic minority issues.