In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Neurobehavioral effects of poverty
Deficits associated with poverty — lack of financial resources, lack of adequate health care — significantly affect neurological factors and behavior
- Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
The Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns (CLGBTC) reports through the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest to the Board of Directors and Council of Representatives.
- Resources and opportunities for psychologists
Learn about the CEMA Tanaka and the CEMRRAT Suinn Awards, ProDIGS announcement and the SPSSI Teaching Award.
March Policy Update
- House sends Violence Against Women Act reauthorization to president’s desk
Inclusive version of bill supported by APA passes on bipartisan basis.
- PI's Lauren Fasig, director of Children, Youth and Families served as a moderator for the AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition
This meeting of the Association for the Advancement of Science and the Human Rights Coalition focused on connections between children's rights, science and technology.