In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Bersoff Presidential Award to Multicultural Programs
This award will recognize three graduate departments that successfully recruit and graduate doctoral students who are U.S.-born ethnic minorities as well as U.S. residents born outside of the U.S. in regions such as the Middle East, Asia, Africa, the Caribbean and Latin America.
- Neurobehavioral effects of poverty
Deficits associated with poverty — lack of financial resources, lack of adequate health care — significantly affect neurological factors and behavior
- Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns
The Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns (CLGBTC) reports through the Board for the Advancement of Psychology in the Public Interest to the Board of Directors and Council of Representatives.
- Resources and opportunities for psychologists
Learn about the CEMA Tanaka and the CEMRRAT Suinn Awards, ProDIGS announcement and the SPSSI Teaching Award.
March Policy Update
- House sends Violence Against Women Act reauthorization to president’s desk
Inclusive version of bill supported by APA passes on bipartisan basis.