In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia (IDAHO)
A day to promote tolerance, respect and freedom regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Resource Room for Persons With Disabilities
This bustling area housed within the main convention center is dedicated to providing services to our convention attendees with disabilities.
- President signs a comprehensive reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act
On March 7, President Obama signed the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (P.L. 1134) into law, marking the culmination of years of advocacy by APA members and staff.
- Upcoming activity in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month sponsored by the Office of Ethnic Minority Affairs (OEMA)
- Promoting Psychological Research and Training on Health Disparities Issues at Ethnic Minority Serving Institutions Grants (ProDIGs) request for proposals
- Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering