In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
Lead StoryGwendolyn Puryear Keita, PhD
Judith M. Glassgold, PsyD, has joined APA as the new associate executive director and director of Government Relations for Public Interest.
In This Issue
- Committee on Psychology in the Public Interest Awards
This awards program recognizes psychologists who have made distinguished contributions to the Public Interest that advance psychology as a science and/or a profession.
- Committee on Socioeconomic Status (CSES) marks UN World Poverty Day on Oct. 17
This observance promotes consciousness of the need to eradicate poverty across the globe.
- Parenting in Challenging Times Series
A new film project from the Violence Prevention Office — coming soon in 2014.
By Ayesha Gaston
- National Wellness Week
Living wellness: In an effort to inspire organizations and individuals to live well, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) launched National Wellness Week.
- Spend a year working on policy in Washington, D.C.
APA’s Congressional and Executive Branch Science Fellowships offer psychologists at all points in their careers the opportunity to apply their skills in government.
- APA represents psychology at the 2013 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA)
The annual USCA presents important opportunities for collaboration with government and the nonprofit, public health and scientific communities.