In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
To be put down, slapped, humiliated, forced to have sex or afraid of the person you're going out with is not love — that's abuse.
In This Issue
- PI Celebrates Black History Month
In February, the Public Interest Directorate honors the contributions of African-Americans to psychology and the advancement of our nation.
- Pediatric outreach meeting
Support within the pediatric community for integrating psychologists into pediatric primary care settings.
- APA-ABA National Conference
APA and ABA are co-sponsoring this continuing education national conference, on violence in the home, community and society.
- HIV Specialist Special Issue on HIV and Mental Health
For those with HIV/AIDS, psychologists provide education/prevention, pain management, adherence, rehabilitation and more, as well as psychotherapy.
- APA Calls for Restoration and Protection of Unemployment Benefits
Weak job market and other factors necessitate extended support for job seekers.
- APA Comments on Indian Health Services Budget
Increased funding needed to address health disparities among American Indians and Alaska Natives.