In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- APA's 2014 Council of Representatives Meeting
Council actions on Public Interest-related items.
By Leslie Cameron
- Letter urging President of Uganda to Reject "Anti-Homosexuality Bill"
APA joins other scientific organizations in urging rejection of Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill.
- The Human Right to Enjoy the Benefits of Scientific Progress and Its Applications
Everyone has the right to enjoy the benefits of scientific progress.
A Student's Perspective
- Beyond the Ivory Tower: APA graduate student and public policy intern takes research from the lab to the Hill
Keeping policymakers abreast of what psychological research has to say about key legislative issues.
By Caroline Fitz, PhD
- APA Testimony to Congress Details Needed Improvements in Children’s Mental Health
Senate hearing brought focus to key issues for the association.
- APA Supports Safe, Quality Early Learning Experiences
Legislation seeks improvements to child care and community development programs.
- Activities for LGBT Health Awareness Week Focus on Workplace Issues
Association pushes for House vote on anti-discrimination legislation.