In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- Tools and resources for those working with older adults
Useful tools for health care practices with older adults.
- American Indians may remain least known of all American ethnic minorities
An American Indian perspective on optimal well-being from Daniel V. Foster, PsyD.
- ACT Raising Safe Kids Program website redesigned
ACT is reaching out with new materials to thousands of professionals and families.
- PI-GRO Welcomes Roberta Downing, PhD
Downing will direct federal policy initiatives related to socioeconomic status, poverty and aging.
- APA Advocates Help LGBT Legislation Pass Through the Senate
Supporters turn their attention to overcoming resistance in the House.
- APA Continues Support for Older Americans Act Reauthorization
Legislation reauthorizes important program supporting older Americans.
- APA Goes to the Hill to Support Geriatric Training Programs
Coalition efforts focus on House and Senate budget negotiations.
- Comments Submitted to NIH Make Case for LGBTI Research Priorities
APA fellowships offer psychologists the chance to apply their skills in government.
- Coalition Calls for Continued Investment in Global HIV/AIDS Programs
Sign-on letter addresses the need for strong health priorities in this challenging fiscal climate.
Disability Disclosure in Higher Education
Disability Issues Office Director, Anju Khubchandani attended the “Disability Disclosure in Higher Education” conference held Oct. 25-27 at the University of Delaware. Mrs. Khubchandani offered a presentation on, “Conceptualizations of Disability and their Effects on Disability Disclosure."