Resources and opportunities for psychologists
CEMA Tanaka Award
An award for the most outstanding dissertation in psychology which addresses concerns relevant to populations of color.
CEMRRAT Suinn Award
This award rewards graduate programs in psychology that have demonstrated excellence in the recruitment, retention and graduation of ethnic minority students.
This small grant program supports early career faculty for specific, limited and highly focused activities related to the preparation of a federal or foundation funding proposal.
SPSSI Speaker at the National Institute for Teaching of Psychology (NITOP)
This award supports and promotes discussion of social issues in teaching and learning among NITOP participants.
Distinguished Contributions to the Advancement of Disability Issues in Psychology Award
The award honors an APA member who has had significantly enhanced the lives of people with disabilities in society.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Predoctoral Fellowship
This fellowship supports the training of psychology students as practitioners in behavioral health services and prevention.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Postdoctoral Fellowship
Supports the specialized training of early career doctoral recipients with primary interests in behavioral health policy affecting ethnic minorities.
- Apply for the 2013 Minority Fellowship Program
- Latest Issue of the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology (JOHP)
- Psychological Services APA Division 18 Journal (special issue) Call for Proposals: Innovation’s in Addressing Mental Health Care Disparities
- The Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) is seeking nominations (PDF, 19KB) for three new members for the Training Advisory Committee (TAC) of its Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (MHSAS) Fellowship.
- 2012 Texas HIV/STD Conference
- Loan repayment program
- Call for Nominations to the Committee on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Concerns — August 31, 2012
- Office on AIDS releases the Psychology and AIDS Exchange Newsletter
- Psychology and AIDS Leadership Award
- Free Workshop: Reducing Cancer Disparities & Promoting Health Equity and Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Populations
- 2012 International AIDS Conference
- 2012 National Survey on Abuse of People with Disabilities
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Funding Announcements
- HIV Strategy and Planning Annual Report
- NIOSH Total Worker Health™ Program
- BAPPI invites nomination for The 2012 APA Public Interest Awards
- Work, Stress and Health 2013: Protecting and Promoting Total Worker Health™