Caregivers of Individuals with Dementia
Perhaps the largest body of empirical research on interventions for caregivers has been conducted with caregivers of persons with dementia. Research on the effectiveness of interventions with this population has been quite prolific, yielding multiple programs that psychologists can follow. The Rosalyn Carter Institute offers a comprehensive list of available intervention models and programs.
A limited set (non-comprehensive) of evidence based programs are described in this briefcase, including:
In the Practice Section
- Common Caregiving Problems
- What do Psychologists Need to Know to Help Family Caregivers?
- How Caregivers Reach Psychologists
- Psychologists as Direct Service Clinicians and Consultants
- Conceptual Models
- Variations for Practice with Culturally Diverse Groups
- Business Pragmatics
- Common Ethical Issues