Office on Aging Newsletter
In This Issue
- Sara Honn Qualls, PhD, is recipient of APA Committee on Aging (CONA) award
Qualls is a major leader in the development of geropsychology education.
- CONA Fall 2014 meeting and current initiatives
CONA is active in science, practice, education and policy domains.
- Office on Aging activities
The office is responsive to member needs and national efforts targeting older adults.
- 2015 White House Conference on Aging (WHCoA)
Positioning psychology for involvement in the 2015 WHCoA.
- International Day of Older Persons 2014
Older persons are resources for — not burdens on — society.
- Aging policy update
The Public Interest Government Relations Office advocates for essential aging services.
By Roberta Downing, PhD
- In the news
A summary of recent stories in the APA Monitor and press releases.
- Resources for aging issues
Access these helpful resources online.
- "Aging" at APA: APA entities with a focus on aging
Working together to bring psychology and aging to the forefront of APA and national efforts.