Psychology and AIDS Exchange Newsletter
In This Issue
- Overview of rural communities: Context, challenges and resilience
Resilience in rural communities is enhanced through supportive social networks.
By Lisa Curtin, PhD, and Tracy Cohn, PhD
- Engaging rural community partners in HIV/AIDS service delivery and research
Persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural areas and their providers are forced to do more with less.
By Karen Clinton, MBA, and Saundra Glover, PhD
- Understanding health care needs of persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural communities
It is time to bring overlooked rural communities to the forefront of the battle against HIV/AIDS.
By Medha Iyer, MD, PhD
- Adapting international HIV/AIDS interventions in rural Africa for domestic application in rural African-American communities
We can learn from treatments implemented in sub-Saharan Africa to improve medical delivery at home.
By Carolyn Audet, PhD
- Powerful nature of family-based preventive interventions for addressing HIV in rural settings
It is important to continue identifying ways to avert behaviors that increase HIV risk.
By Velma McBride Murry, PhD
- Pat Kelly: Sharing her journey
A mother and recovering addict shares her 20-year journey to overcome the stigma that kept her from the mental health help she needed.
By Pat Kelly