Spotlight on Disability Newsletter
A publication of the Office on Disability Issues in Psychology
July 2014 |Vol. 6, No. 1
FeatureJoseph F. Rath, PhD
CDIP 2014 Chair Joseph Rath, PhD, spotlights a CDIP Committee priority area.
Additional CDIP Priorities for 2014
- Training clinical psychology students with disabilities in psychological testing and assessment
This article highlights a CDIP priority area.
By Megan Carlos, PhD
- Adolescents and parental physical disability
Elizabeth Mazur, PhD's research of adolescents with disabled parents is featured.
By Elizabeth Mazur, PhD
2014 APA Convention
- Disability-affirming considerations for professional meetings
Considerations for increasing disability awareness and inclusiveness are offered.
By Julie L. Williams, PsyD, and Carrie Pilarski, PhD
- Guidelines for APA Conference Speakers
APA's Disability Issues Office offers practical considerations to ensure all programming is designed and conducted with everyone’s full participation in mind.
- Convention resources for attendees with disabilities and health conditions
APA's Resource Room is introduced.
By Anju Khubchandani, MA
- Disability and disease as stigma: Some fresh perspectives
A book by Patrick Corrigan, PhD, is reviewed by CDIP member Dana Dunn, PhD.