Psychology Summer Institute (PSI) Application Process
Due to federal funding, approximately 50 percent of available slots are reserved for U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals of the United States and permanent residents prior to the submission of the application.
Advanced psychology doctoral students who have or will have successfully proposed a dissertation before the PSI deadline.
Psychologists who have received a doctorate within the last seven years.
PSI Information and Application Details
Follow the instructions below to apply to PSI:
- PSI Information and Application Instructions (PDF, 741KB).
- Complete the Application Form using the FAST System. Applications open in February.
- Create separate documents for your statement of purpose, concept paper and curriculum vita. You will have the opportunity to attach these documents to your application.
- While completing the application in FAST you will have the opportunity to send your recommenders a link to submit their letters online.
If you have any questions, please email our office or call (202) 336-6127.
PSI Recommendation Details
Please follow the instructions below to submit your letter of support:
- Save your letter in a separate MS Word or PDF document on your computer.
- The PSI applicant will provide you with a link to upload your recommendation.
- Recommendation instructions are available online once you send the recommender link from your application. Recommendation instructions are also included in the Psychology Summer Institute Recommendation Instructions (PDF, 237KB).
If you have any questions about PSI or the items on this web page, please email MFP, or call MFP at (202) 336-6127.
Thank you for your participation
Dates to Remember
Application deadline: May 1
Review process: May
Notification: Early June via FAST