Internship Opportunities at the APA Women's Programs Office
The American Psychological Association (APA) is offering spring, summer and fall internship opportunities in the Women’s Programs Office of the Public Interest Directorate.
The Women’s Programs Office (WPO) works to improve the status, health and well-being of women psychologists and consumers of psychological services. Activities of the office span the science, practice, education and policy arenas. On a daily basis, WPO provides staff support for the Committee on Women in Psychology (CWP) and related task forces and working groups; serves as an information and referral resource on women’s issues; and develops and disseminates reports, pamphlets, and other materials addressing research, practice and consumer concerns relevant to women’s lives.
- Develop an understanding of current research on women’s issues/gender through Web and database searches.
- Gain experience in proofreading print and Web documents for consistency of editorial style and correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Perform administrative/clerical tasks such as assisting with an office mailing, answering phones proofreading office reports.
- Represent the WPO at congressional briefings, federal meetings, and private and professional organizations focused on women’s issues.
- Learn basic day-to-day office procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Extensive experience in the administration of social networking sites or Web pages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under time constraints with attention to detail
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a writing sample to Tanya Burrwell by email or fax to (202) 336-6117. For further information, please contact the APA Women’s Programs Office at (202) 336-6044.
* Please note that this is an unpaid position. Students must make prior arrangements with their academic program in order to fulfill any course requirement needed.
Download PDF version (PDF, 132KB)