Women's Psych-E Newsletter
Dr. Gwendolyn P. Keita gives testimony on the ratification of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW)
- WPO congratulates the recipients of the 2010 APA award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychology in the Public Interest
- December 1 is World AIDS Day
World AIDS Day, recognized each year on December 1, draws global attention to the human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS) epidemic
- Fertility of American Women: 2008
The second report in this series, it incorporates fertility data collected in the June Supplement to the Current Population Survey (CPS) and the American Community Survey (ACS)
- Postpartum Depression consumer brochure now available in Chinese
- APA Division 35 seeks applicants for Editor of The Feminist Psychologist
- Save the dates
Upcoming conventions, conferences, meetings, and APA Convention sessions
- Call for papers
New Issues Notification
Andrews, M. (2010, November). Maternity coverage proves costly for women buying individual policies.
A recent investigation by the House Energy and Commerce Committee finds insurance policies won’t cover expenses related to maternity care unless a special maternity rider is bought before pregnancy.
Download a free copy of the research findings memorandum (PDF, 126 KB)
King, J. (2010) Study: Immigrant women suffer abuse on the job.
A new study shows a considerable number of US food service workers are at risk.