The APA Practice Directorate provides resources for practitioners in diverse settings.
APA Help Center
APA's Help Center is your online resource for brochures, tips and articles on the psychological issues that affect your physical and emotional well-being, as well as information about referrals.
Resilience Guide for Parents & Teachers
Children may face such problems as adapting to a new classroom or being bullied by classmates. Teachers can help them build resilience.
Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology
Evidence-based practice is the integration of the best available research with clinical expertise in the context of patient characteristics, culture and preferences.
Training Grid — Outlining Best Practices for Recovery
This grid identifies appropriate interventions and provides contact information for experts on specific interventions and identifies needed advanced clinical training initiatives.
The Psychologically Healthy Workplace Program
PHWP educates the employer community about the link between employee health and well-being and organizational performance. It includes APA's Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards and a variety of resources for employers.
Colleague Assistance and Self-care
Documents about how psychologists can help others with stress, burnout and other impairments, and how they can take care of themselves.
- Resilience in a time of war: Homecoming
- Policy Related to Psychologists' Work in National Security Settings and Reaffirmation of the APA Position Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman, or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
- APA Guidelines for Practitioners
- Integrating Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services: A Compass and a Horizon (PDF, 233KB)
- What do Psychologists Need to Know to Help Family Caregivers?