Authors and Reviewers Resource Center
Online First Publication
Frequently asked questions about online first publication
Call for Papers
View all calls for papers for APA Journals®
Call for Proposals
View the guidelines for submitting proposals to APA Books®
New Editors Appointed
View a list of new editor appointments
Document Deposit Procedures for APA Journals
Read this notice providing important information about PubMed Central deposit requests as they relate to articles published in APA journals.
Request to View a Video on How to Review a Manuscript for Continuing Education or Service Credits
View an online video to become eligible to receive Continuing Education or Service credits for reviewing manuscripts.
View information about becoming a manuscript reviewer
- APA Journals Manuscript Submission Instructions for All Authors
The following instructions pertain to all journals published by APA and the Educational Publishing Foundation. Please also visit the web page for the journal to which you plan to submit your article for submission addresses, journal-specific instructions, and exceptions.
- Preparing Manuscripts for Publication in Psychology Journals
This guide for new authors provides an overview of the process of preparing and submitting a scholarly manuscript for publication in a psychology journal.
- Forms for Journals Publication
Provides links to download forms required for publishing in APA journals.
- Preparing Auxiliary Files for Production
Guidelines on preparing and submitting figures and supplemental files for manuscripts accepted for publication in APA journals.
- Checklist for Manuscript Submission
A checklist of items to complete in order to correctly submit manuscripts for publication in APA journals.
- Supplementing Your Article With Online Material
Guidelines for supplemental files that complement a published article in an APA journal.
- Reporting Standards for Research in Psychology (PDF, 98KB)
- Open Letter to Authors for APA Journals (PDF, 41KB)
- Document Deposit Procedures for APA Journals
Provides information about document deposit requirements as they relate to articles published in APA journals.
- APA Journals® Internet Posting Guidelines
Information on posting an APA article (unpublished or published) onto the internet.
- Appeals Process for Manuscript Submissions
Provides instructions for appealing manuscript rejections and other editorial decisions.
- Test Security: Protecting the Integrity of Tests
Editorial titled Test Security: Protecting the Integrity of Tests published in the December 1999 issue of the APA journal American Psychologist®.
- How to Work With the Media: Interview Preparation for the Psychologist
Provides tips and other guidelines for preparing for media interviews.