APA's Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms® helps researchers search the APA databases with maximum precision.
What's new in this edition:
- 214 new postable or "preferred" terms
- 149 new nonpostable or "used for" cross-referenced terms
- 226 scope note additions
- These changes to the Thesaurus bring the total number of postable index terms to 5,613, nonpostable terms to 2,609, and the total number of terms to 8,222.
- New terms were mapped to all relevant records in APA's databases spanning all years in an effort to provide users greater access to historical content.
New terms from subjects such as Military Psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Neuropsychology, Clinical Psychology, Health Care Administration and Policy, Technology, Social Issues, Business, and Education.
Sample list of new index terms:
- Aging in Place
- Binge Drinking
- Collaborative Learning
- Electronic Commerce
- Emotional Regulation
- Group Identity
- Internet Addiction
- Military Deployment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Passive Smoking
- Utilization Reviews