APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology
APA proudly offers this focused abridgment of its landmark, critically acclaimed APA Dictionary of Psychology, specifically tailored for clinicians and clinicians-in-training. The APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology maintains all the best features of the parent dictionary, including
- 11,000 entries offering clear and authoritative definitions—including a number of entirely new entries
- Balanced coverage from across such core areas as assessment, evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of emotional and behavioral disorders; training and supervision; as well as terms more generally relevant to various biological, cognitive, developmental, and personality/social psychological underpinnings of mental health
- Hundreds of incisive cross-references that deepen the user's understanding of related topics
- A Quick Guide to Use that explains stylistic and formal features at a glance
- Appendixes listing major figures relevant in the history of clinical psychology and psychological therapies and psychotherapeutic approaches
An invaluable resource, the APA Dictionary of Clinical Psychology answers the needs of clinical psychologists, whether they work in health or mental health clinics; in independent or group practices; or as consultants to professionals in such fields as medicine, law, social work, and consumer relations.
Students in clinical training will likewise find it to be a well-focused and economical alternative to the broader coverage of the parent work.