Internships in Psychology: The APAGS Workbook for Writing Successful Applications and Finding the Right Match, 2007–2008 Edition
For individuals in the U.S. & U.S. territories
This edition is no longer for sale. However, the third edition is available
The updated 2007–2008 edition of Internships in Psychology provides you with all of the resources you will need to successfully navigate the internship application process. Designed specifically for doctoral-level psychology graduate students, this volume will act as your personal mentor, with step-by-step instructions to help you land an internship placement that is the best match for you!
Helpful checklists, sample real-life application materials, and realistic advice for writing cover letters, thank you notes, and CVs are included. You will find
- suggestions for getting organized
- advice for using the APPIC Directory Online
- tips for writing your autobiographical statement and other required essays, plus several example essays
- sample site interview questions as well as questions that you might ask site faculty and interns
- recommendations on how to construct your rank-ordered list
- guidance for completing the AAPI application
and much more!
This resource is one of several services provided for students by the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students—the premier group committed to representing, leading, advocating, and developing resources for graduate psychology students.