Internships in Psychology: The APAGS Workbook for Writing Successful Applications and Finding the Right Fit, Third Edition
This authoritative, hands-on book provides doctoral-level psychology students with all the resources necessary to successfully navigate the internship application process.
- the most common reasons why people don't secure a position;
- how many sites to apply to;
- rank ordering your list of programs;
- preparing essays, cover letters, and the curriculum vitae;
- securing strong letters of recommendation;
- preparing for interviews;
- writing thank you notes;
- receiving Match results, and more.
In addition to general guidance, the book provides numerous helpful checklists and samples, including several sample essays.
Since the second edition of this book was published, significant changes have occurred in the psychology internship application process. This edition offers updated and enhanced information to address these modifications, as well as a new chapter written specifically for directors of clinical training, offering suggestions on how best to assist students during this process.