A publication of the PsycINFO Department
January 2012 | Vol. 31, No. 1
Also in This Issue
- About the Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms®
We continue to focus on the Thesaurus by taking a closer look at its history and structure.
- An Index Term by Any Other Name...
The Thesaurus is accessed using different field names on our vendor platforms. We compare naming conventions across platforms.
- PsycTESTS® Now Available on the OvidSP Platform
We're pleased to announce that PsycTESTS® is now available on OvidSP as well as APA PsycNET®.
- Call for Nominations for APA's 6th Annual Excellence in Librarianship Award
We're excited to kick off the 2012 campaign to find our next outstanding contributor to psychology and behavioral sciences librarianship. Do you know the next winner? Could it be you?
- What's New in PsycEXTRA®?
In this issue, we introduce a new feature highlighting PsycEXTRA® content providers.
- PsycTESTS® Wants You!
We provide information on how to submit a test or a collection of tests to the PsycTESTS® database.
- ALA Midwinter Meeting Events
In addition to having a booth at ALA Midwinter, APA hosts a Roundtable Breakfast to discuss APA and the industry and presents a Brunch and Learn training session.
- In Search of: Searching PsycTHERAPY® for References to Gambling
This issue's search example demonstrates a search for therapeutic approaches to issues with gambling in the new PsycTHERAPY® database on APA PsycNET.
- New APA Handbooks in Psychology™ Now Available
We're pleased to announce that the APA Educational Psychology Handbook and the APA Handbook of Ethics in Psychology are now available and the APA Handbook of Research Methods in Psychology will be available in March.
- Training Guides Available for Major Platforms
Don't forget to stock up on our free pocket-sized Quick Reference Guides for your platform.