A publication of the PsycINFO Department
March 2012 |Vol. 31, No. 2 Download Issue (PDF, 961KB)
We'd like to introduce you to the new engine behind APA PsycNET® searching and discuss why we chose it.
Updates on Databases
- APA PsycNET® Update: Spell Suggest and Type-Ahead Features Now Available
We are reaping the first benefits of our new engine and have upgraded our platform capabilities.
- PsycARTICLES® Introduces New Journals
We're excited to announce two of the new journals added for 2012 that are now available in PsycARTICLES®: Law and Human Behavior and Peace and Conflict.
- What's New in PsycEXTRA®?
This is now a regular feature highlighting content owners in the PsycEXTRA® database. This issue takes a look at one of APA's own divisions, Division 2: The Society for the Teaching of Psychology.
- PsycTESTS®: Getting to 10,000
APA staff are working hard to significantly increase the size of PsycTESTS®.
- MARC Records Now Available for PsycTHERAPY®
MARC records for PsycTHERAPY® are now available through the PsycNET Admin Center.
In Search of
- Measures of PTSD Developed for Military Veterans
We explore measures of PTSD using our PsycTESTS® database on the OvidSP platform.
APA and the Library Community
- Call for Nominations for APA's 6th Annual Excellence in Librarianship Award
Who is more helpful than a librarian? Nobody! So ante up your nominations. There are only a few weeks left before the April 16th deadline.
- Learning Management System
APA invites librarians to demonstrate their Learning Management Systems.