PsycBOOKS® is a full-text database that provides electronic access to thousands of scholarly and professional titles published by APA, including recent titles in psychological and behavioral science, plus a substantial backfile of classic and historic works.
What you can expect from PsycBOOKS
- Scholarly publications ranging from the most current clinical theories to the historic underpinnings of psychology from books published in the early 17th Century
- Professional titles that present applications for behavioral science in contemporary issues
- Chapters from hard-to-find classic books and digitized content from the Archives of the History of American Psychology
- Bibliographic records carefully developed by APA experts that yield precise results
- APA books are fully vetted through peer review at proposal and manuscript stages
- Includes all 1,500 entries in the Encyclopedia of Psychology, co-published by APA and Oxford University Press
- APA books are authored by distinguished researchers and practitioners
- Included books are anchored in theory, informed by empirical research, and draw out practical applications
- MARC records available
- DOIs assigned for direct linking to full-text after discovery
- Full-text chapters are displayed as searchable PDFs
- Each title and chapter indexed with a PsycINFO® record by subject experts to yield precise results
- For a listing of subject areas covered by PsycBOOKS, visit our APA Books® page.
- There is a 12 month embargo on titles before they are added to the PsycBOOKS database.
- PsycBOOKS does not include APA Style® products, Magination Press® children's titles, APA LifeTools® trade book titles, APA Handbooks in Psychology™, textbooks, encyclopedias, or other reference publications.