APA PsycNET® is the only search platform designed specifically to deliver APA content. Search and discover vital behavioral science content efficiently with APA PsycNET's uniquely engineered cross-database searching. Benefit from the full integration of APA's precise indexing with the controlled vocabulary of the Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms®.
Free mobile app: Access your APA PsycNET subscription straight from your mobile device with the free APA PsycNET Mobile app.
What you can expect from APA PsycNET®
- Find the most relevant and reliable results quickly and efficiently
- Rapidly refine searches with faceted limits organized by indexed term, author, year, age group, population group, methodology, and more
- MyPsycNET allows users to set profiles, establish email alerts from PsycALERT®, and save searches.
- The Admin Center allows institutional customers to create a customizable user experience, run COUNTER compliant usage reports, take advantage of other management tools, and much more.
- Options for basic, single statement searching, as well as more advanced search capabilities
- Integrates with popular link resolvers to provide streamlined linking to publisher-enabled full-text documents
Individuals have several options for accessing APA Databases and Electronic Resources through APA PsycNET. Browse a list to see which best suits your research needs.
Institutions may license one or many of the APA Databases and also have options to purchase certain APA Electronic Resources. Visit the APA Databases and Electronic Resources for Institutions page for more information.
Learn more about searching the APA PsycNET platform. Take a look at our:
- Video Tutorials
- Webinar Training for Library Instructors
- Webinar Training for Database Administrators
- Webinar Training for Students and Faculty
- Webinar Training for APA PsycNET Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum Subscribers
- APA PsycNET Help Menu
- APA PsycNET Toolbox (PDF, 465KB)
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Search Lessons – sample search lessons guide the user through database functionality or sample searches, in PDF and video
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- PsycINFO News – newsletter about APA Databases
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in: