Webinar Training for Students and Faculty
All times are Eastern Time.
|Introductory Session Registration||Date||Time|
|Introductory Student Training||Monday, December 9, 2013||11 a.m.–12 p.m.|
|Advanced Session Registration||Date||Time|
|PsycINFO Advanced Student Workshop||Monday, December 9, 2013||1–2 p.m.|
Introductory Student Training
Introductory Student Training is a 50-minute session designed for students, faculty, or library staff unfamiliar with APA databases or who are accessing APA databases on a platform that is new to them.
- become familiar with the APA research databases and the platform features
- manage your results
- create alerts
- set up personal accounts
- craft searches that make use of controlled vocabulary and natural language
- use database fields and limits
Advanced Student Training
Advanced Student Training is designed specifically for upper-level undergraduates, graduate students, and other experienced researchers interested in exploring the APA databases.
Topics Can Include
- use of librarians' tools for a more powerful search: Booleans, wildcards, and other mysteries
- exploration of the value added fields, Methodology, Tests and Measures, Grants and Sponsorship
- detailing how platform tools can be applied to find research funding, subject experts, the right journals for manuscript submission, and more
- ensuring finding the most recent results by setting up proactive alerts via email and RSS feeds that use first posting and classification codes
- sharing research with colleagues using permalinks, DOIs, and reference management software
- looking at your own research topics with the Customer Relations staff