- Addressing Missed Opportunities for Early Childhood Mental Health Intervention: Current Knowledge and Policy Implications[PDF]
This report focuses on the current knowledge and gaps in understanding that must guide the needed policy directions to improve mental health service delivery in early childhood.
- Annual Report of the LGBT Concerns Office August 2008 - February 2009
The mission of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Concerns Office is to advance psychology as a means of improving the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, increasing understanding of gender identity and sexual orientation as aspects of human diversity, and reducing stigma, prejudice, discrimination and violence.
- APA 2008 President Alan E. Kazdin Appoints Advisory Group to Study Implementation of Petition Resolution[PDF]
APA 2008 President Alan E. Kazdin Appoints Advisory Group to Study Implementation of Petition Resolution
- APA 2011 Treasurer's Report[PDF]
Report on APA's 2011 finances by APA's Treasurer, including the year's balance sheet, consolidated net assest summary, income and expense statement, portfolio composition and more.
- APA 2020: A Perfect Vision for Psychology--2004 Five-Year Report of the Policy and Planning Board[PDF]
Psychology has become a prominent force in global society, playing an essential role in developing and applyingpsychological principles across a wide range of situations. APA is the largest organization of psychologists in theworld and acts to unite, nurture, and lead the field locally, nationally, and internationally.
- APA Coin Collection
The individuals on the coins range from psychiatrists and physiologists to philosophers, biologists and chemists.
- APA Committee on Rural Health 2012 Report[PDF]
Highlights of the Committee on Rural Health which focuses on issues of importance to rural communities and providers through various avenues and initiatives.
- APA Letter to Shaun Donovan, director of the Office of Management and Budget[PDF]
APA and other organizations urge the continued support of child care and early education programs.
- APA Practice working for you
Brief highlights of selected Practice Directorate activities and significant developments from August 2012 to January 2013, including key activities of both the APA Practice Directorate and the APA Practice Organization, a companion to APA.
- APA Presidential Task Force on Enhancing Diversity: Final Report[PDF]
The American Psychological Association (APA) Presidential Task Force on Enhancing Diversity (TFED) was constituted by persons who were representatives and possessed expert knowledge of at least one defined marginalized constituency.
- APA President's Report to the Council of Representatives: August 2012[PDF]
2012 APA President Suzanne Bennett Johnson, PhD, described her initiatives, engaging the next generation of psychologists, interdisciplinary science and practice, and obesity.
- APA Task Force on External Funding
At its June 6-8, 2002 meeting, the APA Board of Directors approved the establishment of a task force to address the issue of how funds from pharmaceutical companies and other corporate bodies might impact APA and how APA might prepare to respond proactively.
- APA Task Force on the Assessment of Competence in Professional Psychology: Final Report[PDF]
The assessment of competence fosters learning, evaluates progress, assists in determining the effectiveness of the curriculum and training program, advances the field and protects the public
- APA Treasurer's Report 2012[PDF]
Report on APA's 2012 finances by APA Treasurer, including the year's balance sheet, consolidated net assest summary, income and expense statement, portfolio composition and more.
- APA Zero Tolerance Task Force Report
Zero tolerance policies to stop drug use and curtail unruly and violent behavior in schools are not as successful as believed in creating safer environments to learn.
- APA/NIGMS Primary Student Participants’ Accomplishments During the Period of 09/01/2003 - 09/30/2006[PDF]
Table of accomplishments by APA/NIGMS primary student participants, including topic, institution, mentor and awards.
- APA/NIGMS Project: Developing Minority Biomedical Research Talent in Psychology[PDF]
The growing disparity between community needs and the shortage of minority biomedical scientists provided the rationale for the APA/NIGMS Project.
- Appointment, Tenure, Promotion, and Merit Review Considerations for Psychologists with Joint Faculty Appointments and Involvement in Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Research and Scholarship: A Resource Document[PDF]
Provides a set of principles and best practices to help psychologists and their university/college administrators, departments, schools and colleges make faculty appointments and conduct tenure, promotion and other merit reviews.
- Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation
The task force conducted a systematic review of the peer-reviewed journal literature on sexual orientation change efforts (SOCE) and concluded that efforts to change sexual orientation are unlikely to be successful and involve some risk of harm, contrary to the claims of SOCE practitioners and advocates.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2008[PDF]
The 2008 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2009[PDF]
The 2009 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2010[PDF]
The 2010 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2011[PDF]
The 2011 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2012[PDF]
The 2012 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.
- Audited Financial Statements as of December 2013[PDF]
The 2013 audited consolidated financial statements of APA.