Call for Papers for Special Series on Translating Science to Practice: Clinical Grand Rounds
In recognition of the importance of promoting the translation of research into practice in clinical health psychology, the Editors of Health Psychology® are pleased to announce a new ongoing special series – Translating Science to Practice: Clinical Grand Rounds.
The goal of this special series is to illustrate how evidence based treatments are identified and used in clinical practice. Papers should focus on specific patients and their treatments, and may include one patient or a group of patients treated similarly. A structured abstract should be provided. References, tables, and figures may be included but the total number of manuscript pages should not exceed 20, inclusive of all sections. Patient confidentiality must be assured consistent with the 6th Edition of the APA Publication Manual (section 1.11).
The body of the paper should include the following sections (with maximum page limits):
- Patient description and history (1 page)
- Importance of the topic and treatment for health psychologists (less than 1 page)
- Focused review of relevant treatment/assessment literature, including a table of relevant studies (4 pages)
- Treatment/assessment selection for this patient, including consideration of patient acceptability and involvement (1 page)
- Course, challenges and key decision points, including discussion of how assessment and treatment was individualized? (3 pages)
- Outcome assessment approach, including description of measures (less than 1 page)
- Behavior change and outcome/disposition including the presumed mechanisms associated with change (2 pages)
- Alternative evidence based approaches that might have been taken (1 page)
- Summary and conclusions with discussion of how the presentation contributes new knowledge and provides direction for future research and practice (2 pages)
All submissions will be peer reviewed and will be accepted for review on a rolling basis (e.g. there is no specific deadline).
Prospective authors should contact Anne E. Kazak, PhD, Editor-in-Chief and Kenneth Tercyak, PhD, Associate Editor and provide a draft abstract of their paper prior to submission.
Papers should be prepared in full accord with the Health Psychology Instructions to Authors and submitted through the Manuscript Submission Portal.
Please indicate in the cover letter accompanying your manuscript that you would like to have the paper considered for the special series Translating Science to Practice: Clinical Grand Rounds.
Other Calls for Papers
Calls for Papers
Provides a list of journals soliciting manuscripts for articles, special sections, and special issues.