Psychology of Men & Masculinity®
• Call for Papers
The editors are interested in work that arises from both applied fields and foundational areas.
Psychology of Men and Masculinity goes mobile!
Access Psychology of Men and Masculinity on your mobile device via the APA Journals app! Download the free app from the iTunes app store to review the most recent tables of contents and article abstracts of your favorite APA journals, including PMM! For iPhone / For iPad
Psychology of Men & Masculinity ® is devoted to the dissemination of research, theory, and clinical scholarship that advances the psychology of men and masculinity. This discipline is defined broadly as the study of how boys' and men's psychology is influenced and shaped by both gender and sex, and encompasses the study of the social construction of gender, sex differences and similarities, and biological processes.
We are interested in work that arises from applied specialties (clinical, counseling, school, and I/O psychology), foundational areas (social, developmental, cognition, emotion, and biopsychology), and integrative fields (neuroscience, behavioral medicine, and behavioral neuroendocrinology). We welcome research using diverse methodologies, including both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
Scholarship advancing our understanding of men's psychology across the life span; across racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity groups; across national boundaries; and across historical time is welcome.
Examples of relevant topics include, but are not limited to
- the processes and consequences of male gender role socialization, including its impact on men's health, behavior, interpersonal relationships, emotional development, violence, and well-being;
- biological factors influencing male development;
- gender role strain, stress, and conflict;
- masculinity ideology and norms;
- men's utilization of psychological and physical health services;
- assessment and measurement issues;
- conceptualization and assessment of interventions addressing men's understanding of masculinity;
- body image and muscularity;
- sexual development, health, and dysfunction;
- addictive behaviors;
- the victimization of male children and adults; and
- boys' and men's relationships with girls and women and with each other.
Here you'll find guidelines for submitting proposals, calls for papers, tips for preparing manuscripts, APA policies, and more