Professional Psychology: Research and Practice®
Professional Psychology: Research and Practice ® publishes articles on the application of psychology, including the scientific underpinnings of the profession of psychology.
Articles that present assessment, treatment, and practice implications are encouraged. Both data-based and theoretical articles on techniques and practices used in the application of psychology are acceptable.
Specifically, this journal is an appropriate outlet for articles on
- state-of-the-art literature reviews of clinical research on specific high-incidence disorders specifically written so as to draw out the implications for assessment and/or treatment
- research and theory on public policy as it affects the practice of psychology
- current advances in applications from such fields as health psychology, community psychology, psychology of women, clinical neuropsychology, family psychology, psychology of ethnicity and culture, forensic psychology, and other areas
- standards of professional practice and delivery of services in a variety of contexts—industries, institutions, and other organizations
- research and theory as they concern the interests of those in the practice of psychology
The journal also publishes brief reports on research or practice in professional psychology.
Here you'll find guidelines for submitting proposals, calls for papers, tips for preparing manuscripts, APA policies, and more