Call for Papers: Psychological Responses to Challenges Faced by Military Personnel and Their Families
Professional Psychology: Research and Practice® will publish a special issue on recent challenges, treatment, and practice issues related to military personnel and their families.
A growing number of military personnel and their families are reporting emotional problems resulting from deployment stress. Serious barriers to accessing quality mental health care for military personnel and their families are prevalent. Stigma and negative attitudes within the military about obtaining mental health treatment often prevent those in need of care from seeking it. Children of military families also suffer from the stressors associated with deployment.
We would especially welcome manuscripts addressing issues including, but not limited to
- psychological assessment and interventions of military personnel and their social network
- psychological and social challenges faced by military personnel and their families
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other trauma issues and treatment
- reintegration to family life, college, employment, communities after deployment
- relational and family issues and conflicts
- psychological stresses and problems with depression, suicide, and isolation
- alcohol and other substance use and addictions
Although manuscripts that place an emphasis on empirical research are especially encouraged, we also would welcome articles on these topics that place an emphasis on theoretical approaches as well as an examination of the extant literature in the field.
Finally, descriptions of innovative approaches are also welcome.
Regardless of the type of article, all articles for the special issue will be expected to have practice implications to the clinical setting.
Submit manuscripts through the Journal's electronic portal.
Please note in your cover letter that you are submitting for this special issue and send in attention to Connie S. Chan, PhD, Associate Editor.
Other Professional Psychology Calls for Papers
- Call for Papers: Ethical, Regulatory, and Practical Issues in Telepractice
This page provides details about a call for papers from the APA journal Professional Psychology: Research and Practice® for a special issue on ethical, regulatory, and practical issues in telepractice. The editors especially welcome manuscripts ranging from the empirical examination of the broad topic related to telepractice to those manuscripts that focus on a particular subset of issues associated with telepractice.
- Call for Papers: Gender Diversity Issues
This page provides details about a call for papers from the APA journal Professional Psychology for a special issue on gender diversity issues. The editors invite articles on all aspects of professional psychology work with clients with diverse or minority gender identities.
Other Calls for Papers
- Calls for Papers
Provides a list of journals soliciting manuscripts for articles, special sections, and special issues.