Call for Papers: Psychological Advances in Obesity
- September 1, 2014
- Mary Beth Kenkel, PhD
- Gareth Dutton, PhD
Special Issue Editor
We are opening submissions for consideration in a special issue titled "Psychological Advances in Obesity." The special issue is part of a new, innovative journal titled Translational Issues in Psychological Science, co-sponsored by APA and the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students (APAGS).
"Psychological Advances in Obesity" will be the third issue of this journal, due out in the second half of 2015.
For this issue the Editors will consider manuscripts across a broad area of obesity research with special emphasis on:
- Cognition and motivation related to eating, physical activity, and weight
- Biopsychology and neuroscience of eating and weight regulation
- Behavioral interventions for obesity prevention and treatment
- Weight-related bias and discrimination
- Familial, peer, neighborhood, and other sociocultural factors influencing obesity
- Public policies targeting obesity and related health behaviors
- Other important and timely topics in obesity research
Manuscripts submitted to Translational Issues in Psychological Science should be co-authored by at least one psychologist in training (graduate student, postdoctoral fellow), should be written concisely for a broad audience, and focus on the practical implications of the research presented in the manuscript.
For more information about the journal, including detailed instructions to authors, visit the Translational Issues in Psychological Science website.
The deadline for submissions is September 1, 2014.
Please feel free to forward this correspondence to interested colleagues and the psychologists in training with whom you work.