Respira con Facilidad: Guía sobre el asma para jóvenes
For individuals in the U.S. & U.S. territories
Completely updated, this practical guide is filled with information, tips, checklists, resources, diagrams, and illustrations to help young people learn to control their asthma, gain self-confidence, and live their lives to the fullest.
Respira con Facilidad explains:
- How to recognize situations that trigger asthma attacks
- Early warning signs of an attack, and what to do about them
- Asthma medicines and how they work
- What happens in the respiratory system during an attack
- Relaxation of body, mind, and breathing to help control asthma
- Communicating with your doctor
- Where to find additional help and ideas
Breathe Easy is essential reading for every child with asthma and his or her family.
—Thomas L. Creer, co-Author of Living With Asthma
…an abundantly illustrated, easy to understand book for asthmatic children to help them understand their illness and to dispel fear about it. I strongly recommend it.
—Elliot F. Ellis, MD, professor of pediatrics, emeritus, State University of New York at Buffalo
While Weiss wrote it for pre-teens, it could be helpful to older readers who are looking for relief from their asthma.
—Voice of Youth Advocates