AD/HD and the College Student: The Everything Guide to Your Most Urgent Questions
Whether you are looking for information or facing an urgent situation, AD/HD and the College Student provides answers to your most pressing questions. Organized in a question-and-answer format, this guide is loaded with helpful information, practical tips, and resources.
Inside, you'll find advice to:
- Understand how AD/HD affects your life at college
- Design a program for success
- Develop necessary skills for succeeding in college
- Seek emotional support
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Understand your medication
- Access specialized services
- Obtain academic accommodations
- Hire an AD/HD coach
- Add structure and achieve balance
- Understand how AD/HD affects your relationships and responsibilities
- Decide whether to stay in or drop out
And more! With this book, you'll learn ways to manage your AD/HD effectively so you can succeed in college.
Patricia O. Quinn, MD, is a developmental pediatrician in Washington, DC. Dr. Quinn is a well-known international speaker and conducts workshops about AD/HD nationwide.
She has authored several best-selling and groundbreaking books on AD/HD including Attention, Girls! A Guide to Learn All About Your AD/HD and with co-author Theresa Maitland, PhD, Ready for Take-Off: Preparing Your Teen With ADHD or LD for College and On Your Own: A College Readiness Guide for Teens With ADHD/LD.
In 2000, Dr. Quinn received the CHADD Hall of Fame Award for her work in the field of AD/HD.